Who doesn’t like pasta carbonara?
Today is my cheat meal day. So, I am going to have carbonara. I like to cook my carbonara in the classic Italian way.
No cream, just eggs, parmesan cheese, and Guanciale. You can also use pancetta or even bacon.
Let’s get started :).
Super Easy Spaghetti Carbonara
- 2 large eggs or 3 medium eggs
- 0.55 pound dried spaghetti
- 1 cup Guanciale or pancetta or bacon
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan or pecorino cheese +some for garnishing
- 1 tsp grounded black pepper +some for garnishing
- 1 garlic clove peeled and left whole
- Cut the skin off the Guanciale (if there is any)
- Dice the meat into cubes and set aside
Prepare Carbonara Sauce:
- Put the eggs into a bowl and Lightly beat it
- Add in shredded parmesan cheese, and pepper
- Mix well with a fork and set aside
- Boil some pasta water in a pot and add a pinch of salt
- Cook the spaghetti in the boiling water until al dente
- While cooking the pasta, put Guanciale meat cubes in a cold pan so that it can render the fat out. (add 2 tbsp of olive oil if your meat do not contain 70% of fat.)
- Add the garlic clove to the pan
- Cook with low-medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until the meat gets crispy, and all fat is out
- Take the pan of spaghetti and Guanciale off the heat
- Put cooked spaghetti into the pan, and add starchy some pasta water
- Stir a bit to reduce the heat until it's enough to coat the egg sauce but not cook the egg
- Pour in the carbonara sauce and mix it well with the spaghetti
- Add some grated cheese and pepper before serving
- Enjoy 🙂